Get Mobile Home Insurance in Gainesville, FL
You may know and love Gainesville, Florida, for its college town feel, its proximity to wildlife and the great outdoors, or its driving distance to the coast. For many mobile homeowners, living in the middle of the state means everything Florida has to offer is just a short drive away.
Gainesville is home to 21 mobile home parks. While finding affordable Florida mobile home insurance used to be difficult, you can now quickly and easily get a policy online from Kin. Our average premiums in Gainesville are $1,028 a year, though you may save even more with discounts.
Here’s what you need to know about getting mobile home insurance in Gainesville.
Gainesville Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Being in the middle of the state has its perks. Because Gainesville isn’t along either coast, it enjoys lower insurance premiums. Mobile home insurance in Gainesville averages $1,028 a year, just below our statewide average of $1,110 a year.
To see how our rates compare to other Florida insurers, check out the chart below for a snapshot of statewide average premiums by the carrier.
Average Florida Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by Carrier
Keep in mind that the construction type, size, and age of your mobile home also impacts your rate. Your claims history matters, too.
Remember, average premiums are only an illustration to give you an idea of how much your policy may be. The best way to know what you’ll pay is to get a quote.
Average Cost by Counties
Where your mobile home is located tells us a lot about your insurance needs and your risks. As you might’ve guessed, the closer your home is to the coast, the greater the chance it will experience hurricane damage. Policies are priced with that risk in mind.
To get an idea of how mobile home insurance costs vary by location, check out the chart below. It shows some of our average premiums by the county.
Average Kin Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by County
||Average Yearly Premium
To get the best prices in Gainesville, your mobile home should have:
- Anchor tie-downs: These should adhere with city codes.
- Enclosed foundation: If you don’t have an enclosed foundation, the property should be skirted.
- Handrails: Install handrails where there are three or more steps.
- Good maintenance: Make repairs as needed and keep the trees or brush trimmed.
What Gainesville Mobile Home Insurance Covers
When shopping for your coverage, look for a mobile home policy that offers replacement cost coverage for the dwelling. This ensures you actually have the coverage to replace your home after a catastrophic loss.
All of our policies offer the following coverage:
- Replacement cost dwelling coverage: This pays to repair or replace the mobile home after a covered claim.
- Other structures coverage: This can pay to repair or replace other structures on your property, such as fences or sheds.
- Personal property coverage: You’ll need this to repair or replace your personal belongings, like furniture, electronics, appliances, and even clothing.
- Loss of use coverage: If a covered claim forces you to live somewhere else while repairs are underway, this can help pay for the additional living expenses.
- Personal liability coverage: If you’re sued over someone’s bodily injuries or property damage, this can help cover your legal fees.
- Medical payments coverage: When someone is injured on your property, this can help pay for small medical bills.
We can also customize your policy with endorsements like flood insurance. While your policy does include hurricane coverage for damage caused by hurricane winds, it doesn’t automatically include flood coverage.
Tips for Keeping Gainesville Mobile Home Insurance Costs Down
We constantly innovate to create affordable insurance. Part of that means offering you more ways to save with our discounts. You may be eligible for the following:
- Security device discount.
- In-park discount.
- Mature mobile homeowner discount.
- Primary residence discount.
- Claims-free discount.
- Electronic policy discount.
We can also help you pick the right deductible. While a higher deductible results in lower premiums, it’s best to be strategic. Too high a deductible may prevent you from drawing on your coverage when you need it.
If you have any questions about getting insured in Gainesville, call us at 855-717-0022.