How to Get Mobile Home Insurance in Daytona Beach, FL
Daytona Beach is home to 43 mobile home parks – many of which are near beaches and fun outdoor activities, like the surf hotspots at New Smyrna Beach. But proximity to the water can be a double-edged sword in Florida, as its residents know all too well.
Hurricane exposure in this area impacts mobile and manufactured home insurance premiums, and historically makes affordable coverage hard to find. Luckily, Kin customers only pay an average of $953 a year for mobile home insurance in Daytona Beach.
Daytona Beach Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Most Florida mobile homeowners know how difficult it is to get mobile home insurance. When they do find a company that will underwrite the policy, they often pay for something that doesn’t cover what it would cost to actually replace their mobile home.
Kin created a mobile home policy that is competitively priced and covers your mobile home’s replacement cost. The average mobile home premium in Daytona Beach is $953 a year for Kin customers, and the Kin statewide average is $1,110 a year for mobile home insurance.
Compare that to the average premiums of other mobile home insurance providers below.
Average Florida Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by Carrier
Average Cost by Counties
On top of working hard to be competitive across all state pricing, Kin assesses risk based on an area’s actual exposure. This means a lower risk county doesn’t subsidize the risk of high-loss parts of the state.
The chart below illustrates how average premiums vary by county for mobile home insurance.
Average Kin Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by County
||Average Yearly Premium
Daytona Beach, though along the coast, sits in a county that has historically been less affected by hurricanes and floods. Your mobile home may also get additional discounts if you:
- Use anchor ties that fully meet city codes.
- Have a fully enclosed skirt or foundation.
- Properly install handrails where there are three or more steps.
- Reside in the mobile home you own.
- Maintain your home and surrounding property.
Apply for a quote to see what discounts you qualify for. Keep in mind that a quote is the only way to know what you will pay for coverage.
What Daytona Beach Mobile Home Insurance Covers
Mobile home insurance covers your essentials, such as:
- Your dwelling when a covered incident damages or destroys it. Our policies offer replacement-cost coverage so you can buy a new home when you experience a complete loss.
- Other structures when your garage or shed is damaged.
- Personal property when a covered claim damages your belongings, like your clothing, furniture, and appliances.
- Loss of use when a covered incident forces you to temporarily relocate.
- Personal liability when you’re sued over injuries or property damage you cause.
- Medical payments when visitors have minor injuries on your property and need medical attention.
Your mobile home policy can cover standard perils, such as fire, theft, vandalism, and wind damage, but it’s important to know how your policy addresses other big risks, too.
Every Kin mobile home policy offers hurricane insurance, which has a separate hurricane deductible. This pays for the damage caused by hurricane winds. Even though Daytona Beach rarely experiences a direct hit from a hurricane despite its 26 miles of coastline, this protection is essential for any Florida homeowner.
Daytona Beach’s proximity to the Atlantic coast, as well as the Halifax Rivers, also makes it prone to storm surge and flooding. Hurricane insurance doesn’t cover flooding from storm surge, but you can easily add flood insurance to your Kin policy.
Your Kin representative can further customize your policy with additional endorsements – just ask!
Tips for Keeping Daytona Beach Mobile Home Insurance Affordable
To save on mobile home insurance in Daytona Beach, check out the discounts you may be eligible for:
- Security device discount.
- In-park discount.
- Mature mobile homeowner discount.
- Primary residence discount.
- Claims-free discount.
- Electronic policy discount.
Another way to save? Choose a higher deductible – so long as you can comfortably afford it – and try to limit the claims you make.
If you have any questions about getting insured in Daytona Beach, call us at 855-717-0022.