House & Property insurance

Customizable home insurance can be affordable. Get a quote today!

To keep up with the needs of our ever-changing world and the different ways homes are used today, we’ve reimagined our policy forms to bring you an innovative home insurance policy.

While other insurers require you to get a new policy if you change the way you use your home, we created a flexible House & Property policy that can adapt to you. Kin’s House & Property insurance policy provides the home insurance you need no matter how you use the property. It can cover you whether you: 

  • Live in your home full-time

  • Use it as a secondary or seasonal home.

  • Rent it out to others.

  • Combine all of these uses.

How can we do this? It’s simple. 

The base Kin Home & Property policy has the coverages customers need when they rent out their home to others – similar to a typical dwelling fire insurance policy, or DP policy, other insurers may offer. Customers who live in their home full or part-time can add an owner-occupied endorsement so they get the coverages of a typical homeowners policy or HO3 policy

Going forward, whenever we mention homeowners insurance for any states other than Florida and Louisiana, we’re referring to our House & Property policy with an owner-occupied endorsement.

Where is House & Property insurance available?

Currently, we offer this unique homeowners insurance in these states:

Stay tuned! We have plans to bring House & Property insurance to more states in the near future.

What does homeowners insurance cover?

When you’re talking about our House & Property insurance, then your homeowner's policy coverage varies based on occupancy. The base policy insures your:

  • Home.

  • Attached structures, including garages, fences, or swimming pools.

  • Belongings inside your home, such as furniture, fixtures, electronics, and more.

  • Additional living expenses or loss of rental income if a covered loss makes the home uninhabitable.

The base policies also include:

  • Limited coverage for cosmetic damage to floors.

  • A range of deductible options so you can balance affordability and peace of mind.

If you live in the house you’re insuring, then we automatically add the appropriate coverages to your homeowner's insurance, namely: 

If you don’t live in the home you’re insuring, you can upgrade your House & Property policy to include liability, medical payments, and a variety of other coverages.

How to customize your homeowner's insurance policy

A PNG file listing ways to customize coverage

You can easily tailor a House & Property policy to your particular needs through endorsements that add, remove, or otherwise modify your coverage. For example, you may be able to add endorsements that:

This list represents only some of the optional coverages available for our House & Property insurance policy. Contact us to learn more.

What’s not covered by homeowners insurance?

House & Property insurance covers your home on an open-perils basis. This means the structure of your home is insured for damage from any event except for those listed in your policy. 

However, House & Property insurance doesn’t cover the following events:

  • Earth movement

  • Governmental action

  • Illegal, dishonest, or intentional acts

  • Neglect

  • Nuclear hazard

  • Off Premises power failure

  • War or military acts

Who is eligible for House & Property insurance?

A PNG file listing who is eligible for House & Property insurance from Kin

Because House & Property insurance is so flexible, it’s appropriate for people who:

  • Live in their homes most of the year and are the primary residents.

  • Rent out their entire homes for some or all of the year.

  • Rent out a portion of their homes.

House & Property insurance is designed for traditionally built and modular homes – although some unconventional homes like log homes and condominiums may be eligible. Manufactured homeowners, however, should check out our mobile home insurance.

Want to see how easy homeowners insurance can be? Get a quote for House & Property insurance today!

Check out how much our customers love Kin

Related Posts:Keep exploring

Start Saving on Your Home Insurance*