How to Get Mobile Home Insurance in St. Petersburg, Florida
Sitting on the coast of Tampa Bay, St. Petersburg is a haven for beach lovers and water enthusiasts. Perhaps that’s why it’s also home to 130 mobile home parks.
As a mobile home owner, you probably already know that buying mobile home insurance is typically not a day at the beach. But we’re changing that with easy online quotes and affordable rates. In fact, our St. Petersburg policyholders pay only $862 a year on average.
St. Petersburg Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Most insurance carriers throughout Florida price mobile home coverage the same – and historically, it’s made coverage too expensive for many homeowners. That’s why we price your policy based on your actual risk, not the entire state of Florida.
Even though St. Petersburg still faces the risks of hurricanes and flooding, it enjoys lower premiums compared to other parts of the state. The average can policyholder in St Petersburg pays $862 a year for mobile home insurance compared to the statewide average $1,110.
You can also compare that to the average premiums of other mobile home insurance providers throughout Florida.
Average Florida Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by Carrier
Average premiums give you a sense of what your costs might look like, but the only way to know for sure is to get a quote. Your premium may vary depending on the size, construction, and age of your mobile home; your claims history; your location; and more.
Average Cost by Counties
If you’d rather be charged for coverage based on your actual risks, not a best guess, you’ve come to the right place. We price coverage based on your home and your history, not everyone else’s.
That said, location plays a key role in your costs. To give you an idea of how prices vary based on location, check out some average premiums for our policyholders based on Florida county.
Average Kin Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by County
||Average Yearly Premium
Some improvements to your property will also help reduce mobile home insurance premiums:
- Anchor ties: Must meet city code.
- Foundation: Fully enclosed or with a skirt.
- Handrails: Installed in locations with three or more steps.
- Owner-occupied: Live in the mobile home you own.
- Property maintenance: Keep shrubs trimmed and remove any clutter from the property.
We’ll walk you through all available discounts when you apply for a quote.
What St. Petersburg Mobile Home Insurance Covers
There's more to cover than just your dwelling. Our policies offer:
- Replacement cost dwelling coverage. Most mobile home insurance policies only offer actual cash value coverage for the dwelling. We only offer replacement cost coverage so you can buy a new home when a covered loss destroys it.
- Other structures coverage. This helps you rebuild structures on your property other than your dwelling, such as a fence, carport, shed, etc.
- Personal property coverage. If your clothes, appliances, furniture, or furnishings are damaged, this can help you replace them.
- Loss of use coverage. When a covered claim forces you to temporarily relocate, this can help pay for a hotel stay, food, and more.
- Personal liability coverage. No one thinks they’ll get sued, but it happens more often than you may realize. This can help cover legal fees if you’re sued over someone’s bodily injuries or property damage.
- Medical payments coverage. This can help cover minor visitor injuries that happen on your property.
Mobile home insurance covers basic causes of loss, such as theft, vandalism, wind damage, and fire.
With Kin, your mobile home policy also includes hurricane insurance that pays for damage caused by high hurricane winds. You can also add a flood insurance endorsement. This option is much cheaper and offers more protection than the coverage offered by the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP).
Tips for Lowering St. Petersburg Mobile Home Insurance Costs
St. Petersburg has lower-than-average risks compared to other Florida counties. While that alone can help keep costs down, there are other ways to save. Check out the discounts you may be eligible for:
- Security device discount.
- In-park discount.
- Mature mobile homeowner discount.
- Primary residence discount.
- Claims-free discount.
- Electronic policy discount.
Paying for small losses out-of-pocket can help you avoid rate increases at renewal time. You can also reduce premium costs by choosing a higher deductible.
If you have any questions about getting insured in St. Petersburg, call us at 855-717-0022.