Finding mobile home insurance in Florida
As a homeowner in Florida, you know insurance is important. You’ve probably seen firsthand the destruction a hurricane can cause an entire community. Protecting your mobile home is a must.
Historically, mobile homeowners in Florida have been overlooked. Only a handful of insurers offer mobile home coverage, and when they do, the price is typically steep.
We’re changing that. We developed our own mobile home insurance for Floridians to be the best on the market. We designed our coverage to reflect your home’s actual risks, not a general assessment for the entire state. The result?
The average homeowner who switches to Kin saves $500 a year (or more!). Our average premium for mobile home insurance in Florida is $894 a year.
What does Florida mobile home insurance cover?
Mobile home insurance can cover more than just your home. A typical policy – without added coverages – usually covers:
The types of damage your policy covers depends on your insurer. Our policies cover all risks except for those explicitly excluded by the policy. That means your mobile home has coverage for damage or losses caused by:
- Hurricane and named-storm wind
- And more
Can I get insurance for older mobile homes?
Unfortunately, we can't offer coverage for mobile homes built prior to 1976. Older mobile homes, those built prior to 1976, may have a difficult time getting insured because they don’t adhere to the HUD Manufactured Home Construction and Safety Standards. Homes built after 1976 are technically called manufactured homes, and they adhere to this federal building code that makes them safer and more durable.
Unsure about mobile home regulations in Florida? Our guide on how to buy a mobile home in Florida can help you.
How much is mobile home insurance in Florida?
The average cost of mobile home insurance in Florida is $894 a year from Kin. That said, your home’s location, the limits you choose, your home’s age, and other factors impact the cost of coverage.
You can see how our prices compare to other Florida mobile home insurers below. These premiums are based on replacement cost coverage, not actual cash value policies.
You can also see our average premiums by the county in Florida below.
Florida mobile home insurance discounts
You can save on your Florida mobile home insurance if:
- Your mobile home is in a park.
- You have smart home protective devices, like a security alarm and water mitigation system.
- You are a homeowner who is 50 years or older.
- You’ve had continuous coverage for your home.
- You have a clean claims history.
- Your mobile home is your primary residence.
- You opt for an electronic policy.
Learn more about our discounts here.
And remember, you can adjust both your standard deductible and your hurricane deductible for extra savings, too. Usually, the higher your deductible, the lower your premium – but make sure you don’t choose a deductible so high it prevents you from using your coverage when you need it.
Do you need mobile home insurance in Florida?
Florida doesn’t legally require homeowners to have home insurance, but your lender might. If your home is in a mobile home community or park, your landlord may require you to have mobile home insurance, too.
Even if you outright own your home and place it on private property, the extreme weather in Florida makes coverage a smart investment regardless. You never know when disaster will strike, and your coverage offers you the support to rebuild and recover.
Florida mobile home insurance quotes
While mobile home insurance in Florida has a reputation for being unaffordable, remember that the insurer makes all the difference. While you shop around, look for a provider that offers:
- Online quotes. Kin provides home insurance quotes in minutes, all online. We have a team of licensed insurance experts ready to help if you want personal guidance, too.
- Replacement cost coverage for the dwelling. Because manufactured homes depreciate in value quickly, it’s smart to have replacement cost coverage that can pay for what it would cost to replace your home, despite its depreciation, with a new, similar home. Kin can offer replacement cost coverage for mobile homes built after 1997.
- Excellent customer service. Read the Kin reviews! You want a company that has your back at any point in your policy – from quotes to claims.
Learn more about mobile home insurance in Florida
Clearwater mobile home insurance
Daytona Beach mobile home insurance
Fort Myers mobile home insurance
Gainesville mobile home insurance
Jacksonville mobile home insurance
Naples mobile home insurance
Orlando mobile home insurance
Sarasota mobile home insurance
St. Petersburg mobile home insurance
Tallahassee mobile home insurance
Tampa mobile home insurance