How to Get Mobile Home Insurance in Orlando, Florida
You don’t need us to tell you there’s much more to Orlando than Disney World. With a flourishing nightlife and food scene, it’s little wonder so many Floridians call Orlando home. In fact, there are 160 mobile home parks in Orlando.
But living in paradise is not without its risk. If you own a mobile home in Orlando, you know that the cost of insurance is higher in Florida than most states. Our goal is to make it affordable.
Our Orlando mobile home insurance premiums average $1,039 a year, lower than the state’s overall average of $1,100.
Orlando Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Mobile home insurance is notoriously complicated in Florida. Few providers offer replacement-cost coverage for the home, prices are high no matter where you live in the state, and quotes are hard to get.
We’re changing all that.
We rely on data to price your policy based on your actual risk. As you know, some parts of the state are more prone to hurricane damage and flooding than others. You shouldn’t have to pay extra for another county’s risk.
That’s why Kin’s average mobile home premiums are lower than other carriers while still offering more coverage. Our average premium in Orland is $1,039 a year, and statewide, our average is $1,100. Take a look.
Average Florida Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by Carrier
|Kin||American Integrity||American Traditions|
|Average Yearly Premium||$1,110||$1,379||$1,258|
Average Cost by Counties
Living in inland counties decreases the threat of hurricane damage, which helps you save money on your mobile home insurance. Because where you live has such a big impact on your rates, we think it’s helpful to see how prices vary by the county to give you a better idea.
Average Kin Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by County
|County||Average Yearly Premium|
There are a few things that can reduce your mobile home premium even more. It helps if you:
- Have tie-downs that meet city codes.
- Have a fully enclosed foundation or skirt.
- Install handrails for entrances with three or more steps.
- Occupy your home all year.
- Maintain the property.
All of these factors influence the price of your policy. Apply for a quote to find out exactly how much your Orlando mobile home insurance will be.
What Orlando Mobile Home Insurance Covers
Most mobile home insurance policies only offer actual cash value coverage for your mobile home. In other words, a claims payout after a total loss will often not be enough to buy a new home.
That’s why we offer replacement cost coverage for your mobile home. We think it’s important that you have the means to replace your home after a big loss.
Here’s a snapshot of what a Kin policy offers:
- Replacement dwelling coverage to repair or replace your mobile home after a covered claim.
- Other structures coverage to repair or replace carports, patio awnings, sheds, and more.
- Personal property coverage to protect your personal belongings, such as clothing, home furnishings, appliances, and more.
- Loss of use coverage to pay for temporary relocation expenses, such as a hotel, eating out, and commuting during a claim.
- Personal liability coverage for liability claims when someone says their injury or property damage was your fault.
- Medical payments coverage to cover the cost of small visitor injuries. Health insurers may require property owners to pay this portion before health coverage kicks in.
Mobile home insurance is designed to protect you from risks such as fire, theft, and wind damage. But Orlando residents face other risks, too.
While most hurricanes don’t hit Orlando directly, thanks to its inland location, the area is still subject to flooding and hurricane wind damage. Your Kin policy automatically includes hurricane insurance to protect your mobile home. You can also add on:
We can customize your policy with additional endorsements to meet your unique needs. home insurance discounts 2
Tips for Keeping Orlando Mobile Home Insurance Affordable
If you are looking for other ways to save on mobile home insurance, Kin has you covered. Here are some Orlando discounts you may qualify for:
- Security device discount.
- In-park discount.
- Mature mobile homeowner discount.
- Primary residence discount.
- Claims-free discount.
- Electronic policy discount.
You can also save on mobile home insurance by reducing the number of claims that you file. Insurance goes up when you file a lot of claims, so handling smaller losses is one way to keep long-term costs down. Plus, if you know you will pay smaller claims on your own, you can increase your deductible to help you save even more.
If you have any questions about getting insured in Orlando, call us at 855-717-0022.
Start Saving on Your Home Insurance