Mobile Home Insurance: Jacksonville, FL
Here's your guide to finding affordable mobile home insurance in Jacksonville.
How to Get Mobile Home Insurance in Jacksonville, FL
Jacksonville sits on the northeastern coast of Florida with 22 miles of amazing beaches, 1,100 miles of navigable water, and the longest stretch of the St. Johns River found in Florida. It’s no wonder so many folks call this city home. Its 121 mobile home parks make outdoor living easily accessible and highly affordable, too.
And now it’s even easy to find affordable mobile home insurance. Our Jacksonville policyholders pay an average of only $875 a year – well below the average cost of mobile home insurance in Florida.
Jacksonville Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Compared to other cities in Florida, Jacksonville typically faces less hurricane risk, and that reality is reflected in its insurance rates. We can often help Jacksonville mobile home owners save money because we price our policies based on your home’s actual risk, not a generic industry standard that often drives up costs.
The average cost of mobile home insurance in Jacksonville is $875 a year for Kin policyholders. To get an idea of how our costs compare to competitors, take a look at the statewide average mobile home premiums below.
|Average Florida Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by Carrier|
|Average Yearly Premium|
While average premiums give you a sense of what you might pay for mobile home insurance, keep in mind that the best way to know what you’ll pay for coverage is to get a quote. Premiums vary based on the age, size, and maintenance of your mobile home and other factors.
Average Cost by Counties
As you can see in the chart below, insurance costs can differ from county to county. Typically, the farther inland your home is, the lower your costs average.
|Average Kin Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by County|
To get affordable coverage, Jacksonville mobile homes should:
- Have anchor ties that fully meet city codes.
- Have a fully enclosed skirt or foundation.
- Have handrails where there are three or more steps.
- Be owner occupied.
- Be well maintained.
You can either apply online for a quote or call us at 855-717-0022 if human interaction is more your speed.
What Jacksonville Mobile Home Insurance Covers
Not all mobile home insurance policies are the same. In fact, we developed our own policy to make sure mobile homeowners get affordable coverage that doesn’t cut corners. It includes:
- Replacement cost dwelling coverage: Replaces your mobile home in the event of a total loss (repairs it if partially damaged).
- Other structures coverage: Repairs or replaces other structures on your property, such as sheds or pergolas.
- Personal property coverage: Replaces your belongings when they’re lost, damaged, or stolen.
- Loss of use coverage: Pays for additional expenses when a claim forces you to temporarily relocate (think: hotel stays, eating out, and commuting).
- Personal liability coverage: Pays for legal expenses when you’re sued over bodily injuries or property damage.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for a visitor’s minor medical bills in the hopes of deterring a lawsuit down the road.
Your policy covers common types of loss, including fire, theft, and vandalism. It also includes hurricane insurance to pay for losses caused by hurricane winds.
You can also add flood insurance to your policy to help pay for damage to your property caused by storm surges that accompany hurricanes. If you live in an area prone to sinkholes, you can add on sinkhole coverage, too.
It’s easy to customize your policy online – and we can always walk you through it.
Tips for Lowering Jacksonville Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Looking for more ways to save on your mobile home insurance? You may be eligible for the following discounts:
- Security device discount.
- In-park discount.
- Mature mobile homeowner discount.
- Primary residence discount.
- Claims-free discount.
- Electronic policy discount.
Another great way to save on mobile home insurance is to reduce claims. Usually, the general rule is to pay for damages that cost less than your deductible on your own. If it exceeds your deductible, it might make sense to file a claim.
You can also increase your deductible to reduce your insurance costs. A word of caution: don’t take on a deductible so high that it prevents you from being able to use your coverage.
Questions about mobile home insurance? Give us a call at 855-717-0022. We’re here to help!
Start Saving on Your Home Insurance