Mobile Home Insurance
Affordable coverage starts here.
Mobile and Manufactured Home Insurance
If you have a mobile or manufactured home, you know protecting it is essential. Whether your mobile home is on private property, in a mobile home park, or in a subdivision, we can help you get the appropriate coverage at an affordable price.
Yes, that includes you, Floridians.
Let’s take a look at what mobile home insurance covers, insurance requirements for mobile homes, and available premium discounts.
What Mobile Home Insurance Covers
Our mobile home coverage includes all the essential coverage for:
- Your dwelling
- Your belongings
- Other structures (think: fences, garages, etc.)
- Additional living expenses
- Personal liability
- Medical payments
Our policies cover damage or loss caused by common events, including:
- Fire and lightning
- Theft and vandalism
- Wind and hail
- And more
Though our mobile home insurance offers hurricane coverage for high winds, it doesn’t offer flood coverage. For the storm surges that accompany hurricanes, you’ll need flood insurance.
Common Mobile or Manufactured Home Insurance Requirements
Typically, to qualify for the best rates, insurance providers require mobile homes to:
- Have anchored tie-downs in accordance with state, city, and county regulations
- Be skirted or have a fully enclosed foundation
- Have handrails anywhere with three or more steps
- Be owner occupied
- Be well maintained
How Much Does Mobile Home Insurance Cost?
Where you live greatly impacts your mobile home insurance premium. As you might guess, mobile homeowners near the coast may pay more for their coverage than those located in an area less prone to hurricane risk.
Your dwelling coverage limits also have a significant impact on the cost of your policy.
That said, the average cost of mobile home insurance in Florida is $1,110 / year. You can take a look at premium averages by county below. Keep in mind that these costs are meant to be illustrative. The best way to find out how much you’ll pay for your mobile home insurance is to get a quote from Kin.
The average cost of mobile home insurance in Florida is $1,100 per year.
Mobile Home Insurance Discounts
You may be eligible for discounts if:
- Your home has fire sprinklers and smart home safety devices.
- You live in a manufactured home park.
- You are over 50 years of age.
- You opt for an electronic policy.
- You continuously keep your coverage in force.
- You have a clean claims history.
- Your manufactured home is your primary residence.
To learn more about what discounts you qualify for, apply for a quote today.
Start Saving on Your Home Insurance