Mobile Home Insurance in Tampa
Here's your guide to finding affordable mobile home insurance in Tampa.
How to Get Mobile Home Insurance in Tampa, Florida
Tampa is the third-largest city in Florida and home to 175 mobile home parks. With miles of beach along Tampa Bay and an average of 246 days of sunshine, it’s not surprising so many folks want to lay down roots here.
But even in a sunny city like Tampa, hurricanes are still a reality that make finding affordable mobile home insurance difficult. Luckily, Kin policyholders only pay an average of $1,020 a year for mobile home insurance in Tampa.
Tampa Mobile Home Insurance Costs
Mobile home insurance in Florida has a reputation for being expensive and complicated. That’s why we set out to change things. We price your policy based on your actual risk, not your neighbor’s. The result? Our Tampa policyholders tend to pay less for their coverage at an average of $1,020 a year.
You can see how our statewide average compares to competitors below.
|Average Florida Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by Carrier|
|Average Yearly Premium|
Your exact premium depends on the size, age, and construction of your mobile home. The best way to find out how much you’ll pay is to get a quote.
Average Cost by Counties
Where your mobile home is located has a big impact on your premiums. To give you an idea of how costs may vary from place to place, take a look at the chart below for average premiums by the county.
|Average Kin Mobile Home Insurance Premiums by County|
You’ll also get a better price if your mobile home has certain features:
- Anchor ties that meet city codes.
- Fully enclosed foundation or skirt.
- Handrails where there are three or more steps.
- Well maintained property.
When you apply for a quote online, we’ll walk you through available discounts to make sure you get the best possible price for your coverage.
What Tampa Mobile Home Insurance Covers
Though many mobile home insurance policies don’t offer replacement cost coverage for the dwelling, ours do. When shopping for coverage, make sure you look for a policy that offers this essential protection:
- Dwelling coverage: Pays to rebuild a mobile home after a major disaster or claim.
- Other structures coverage: Protects other structures on the property that are detached from the main structure, including carports and sheds.
- Personal property coverage: Replaces personal belongings, such as clothing, electronics, furniture, appliances, and more.
- Loss of use coverage: Pays for additional expenses when a covered claim forces you to temporarily relocate.
- Personal liability coverage: Pays for legal fees when you’re sued for injuries or property damage that happen in your home.
- Medical payments coverage: Pays for small medical bills when visitors are hurt on your property.
Your mobile home policy covers damage or loss from fire, wind, vandalism, theft, and more. It’s important to understand how your policy addresses natural disasters, too.
Hurricane insurance, included in all Kin policies, pays for damage caused by intense hurricane winds. Deductibles for hurricane insurance start as low as $500.
Floods that accompany hurricanes often call for their own coverage: flood insurance. You can easily (and affordably) add it as an endorsement to your Kin policy.
We can also help you customize your policy with additional endorsements.
Tips for Keeping Tampa Mobile Home Insurance Affordable
Our goal is to help homeowners save wherever possible. We offer the following discounts for Tampa mobile home insurance:
- Security device discount.
- In-park discount.
- Mature mobile homeowner discount.
- Primary residence discount.
- Claims-free discount.
- Electronic policy discount.
Having a clean claims history is one of the best ways to keep mobile home insurance costs down. If you are able to pay for small losses out-of-pocket without filing a claim, you can prevent pesky rate increases.
If you have any questions about getting insured in Tampa, call us at 855-717-0022.
Start Saving on Your Home Insurance