Home Insurance in Modesto, CA
Learn how to find affordable homeowners insurance in Modesto.
Affordable Homeowners Insurance in Modesto
Modesto may have made its name as an agricultural city, but recent revitalization of the city’s downtown makes it a formidable destination. Residents here enjoy the farmlands and orchards that surround the city, and downtown attractions like the Modesto Certified Farmers Market, the Modesto Arch, and the Gallo Center for the Arts are sure to charm any visitor.
Homeowners won’t have to look hard to find affordable California home insurance here – our rates are among the lowest in the state.
Modesto Home Insurance Costs
Modesto home insurance costs $505 a year with Kin on average. That’s 30 percent cheaper than Allstate ($657) and 7 percent cheaper than Travelers ($540). You can see how we compare below.
|Average Modesto Home Insurance Premiums by Company|
Keep in mind that your rates could be even lower than average depending on your home’s age, construction, exact location, and safety features. The best way to know what you’ll pay? Get a quote. It only takes minutes and could save you hundreds on your coverage.
What Modesto Home Insurance Covers
You may know that your Modesto home insurance covers your actual house and belongings, but did you know it can cover you if your cousin gets hurt on the property at a barbecue? Here’s a quick rundown of what your policy includes:
- Replacement cost dwelling coverage: Pays to repair or rebuild your home if it is damaged or destroyed during a covered event (think: fires, windstorms, hail, theft, vandalism, and much more).
- Other structures coverage: Repairs or rebuilds detached structures on your property, like sheds, gazebos, and fences.
- Personal property coverage: Pays to replace or repair your belongings, like appliances, furnishings, electronics, clothing, and more.
- Loss of use coverage: Pays for a place to stay and other temporary living expenses when a claim makes your home uninhabitable.
- Personal liability coverage: Pays legal and settlement costs when you’re sued over someone’s bodily injuries or property damage.
- Medical payments coverage: Covers small medical bills when guests are injured during their visit at your home.
You can also customize your policy with endorsements. For example, you can add on water backup coverage to help pay for damage caused by overflowing sump pumps.
Modesto’s Major Risks
Modesto has one of the highest crime rates in the US for a community its size: 46 per 1,000 residents. On top of that, the city faces wildfires, floods, and earthquakes. You know homeowners insurance has you covered for theft and vandalism, but how does it respond to natural disasters in your area? Let’s take a look.
Modesto Wildfire Coverage
The Modesto Irrigation Program has taken action to help prevent wildfires but can’t prevent them all. Homeowners who live close to open space need to be ready. Luckily, all our policies include wildfire insurance to help you restore your home, other structures, and belongings quickly after a fire.
Modesto Flood Insurance
Modesto is no stranger to flooding. In 1997, the New Year’s Flood put most of the city underwater and caused millions in damages. The Tuolumne River poses a real flood risk for the area when it overflows. Only flood insurance can cover damage from rising waters and storm surges, but you can add it on.
Earthquake Coverage in Modesto
In June 2020, Modesto experienced a 5.8-magnitude earthquake, strong enough to cause minor damage in the area. Unfortunately, homeowners insurance doesn’t cover earthquake damage. You’ll need earthquake insurance for that. Just ask us for a quote!
How to Lower Modesto Home Insurance Costs
Your home’s safety features play a big role in the home insurance discounts you qualify for. We also reward you for staying claims free. We offer discounts for:
- Smart home safety and security devices.
- Secure communities.
- Electronic policies.
- Ember resistant venting.
- Annual brush removal contract.
- LEED-certified homes.
- New homebuyers.
You can save even more by adjusting your deductible. As a rule, the higher your deductible, the lower your premiums. Just be sure to choose a deductible you can afford when you have a big loss.
Get better insurance for a better price in Modesto. Call us at 855-717-0022 for a quote in minutes.
Start Saving on Your Home Insurance