- What should you know about homeownership? Homeownership has a lot of benefits. Find out what they are, and what to think about as you're looking at the big purchase.
- What does home insurance cover? Different policies cover different things. Find out what a typical policy covers, and what the most common gaps are. Knowing what's not covered by your home insurance can help you get a truly comprehensive policy.
- Do you need home insurance? Some people do not need home insurance, it's true. However, if you're taking out a mortgage, it's probably required.
- What impacts your home insurance premium? A lot of factors can impact your homeowners insurance premium, many of them out of your control. Find out what they are, and how to spot common scams that agents use to reduce premium.
- How can you lower your home insurance premium? Some ways to reduce your home insurance costs are smarter than others. Check out the best way to save while protecting your home.
- What is windstorm mitigation? It sounds intimidating, but a couple simple steps can drastically reduce your home insurance premium, particularly if you're in an area prone to hurricanes or tornados.
- What is a home inventory? For personal property coverage, it's helpful to have a home inventory. Learn about the benefits, and some strategies for keeping it updated.
- What's the difference between replacement cost and home purchase price? It may be jarring to see that your home is insured for less than the purchase price, but there are several good reasons.
- Are my tenants covered? If you have tenants in your home, you'll need to make some additions to a standard homeowners insurance policy if you want to cover them.
- How is condo insurance different? Insuring a condo has its own particulars. Learn about the key differences between condos and single-family homes.
- What are the tax benefits of homeownership? Owning a home can make tax season a little more bearable.
Home Insurance FAQs
Get answers to your home insurance questions below.Get Your Quote