We Build Better Home Insurance
Study after study shows that Americans are in the dark about their insurance.
In fact, 40 percent of homeowners don’t know if they have coverage that will fully replace their belongings and home after a disaster.
More than 30 percent of every dollar paid for homeowners insurance is spent on corporate overhead and marketing, not paying claims.
So we wondered: what it would look like if an insurance company truly cared about homeowners?
Easy, Affordable Coverage. World-Class Customer Service.
Kin was founded in 2016 because homeowners deserve:
- A policy that’s easy to understand.
- Insurance that fits the budget without compromising protection.
- Exceptional service at every turn.
Here’s how we make that happen:
We started as an agency, but now we’re a fully licensed Florida home insurance carrier with a financial stability rating of “A – Exceptional” from Demotech, Inc. (which means we have the financial strength to pay claims).
By leveraging thousands of publicly available data points, we can recommend the appropriate coverage at affordable prices.
We constantly innovate to create exceptional coverage and to keep your costs low. We even structured our carrier to ensure you have a voice in all we do.
When we are not the best match for a home, we recommend and place coverage with another vetted, trusted insurance company. We still take care of you the same way we do all our customers.
Serving Homeowners from Coast to Coast
Historically, traditional insurance companies ignore catastrophe-prone, coastal regions that need good home insurance the most. That leaves homeowners in the lurch with few options and skyrocketing prices.
We don’t think it should work that way.
Homeowners everywhere – especially in disaster-prone areas – need coverage they can rely on and afford. That’s why Kin is proud to serve homeowners in Florida, Texas, Georgia, and Alabama. We plan to expand across the US soon, too.
“Kin Insurance has been a HUGE help with getting affordable homeowners insurance in Florida. Fantastic and great to work with!” – Tawnya W.
The Kin Experience
We believe when you have the power to make informed decisions about your home insurance, it benefits everyone. That’s why:
- We recommend the appropriate coverage. We walk you through what the policy will and won’t cover. This extra effort ensures you aren’t one of the 60 percent of US households that are underinsured by at least 17 percent.
- We promote basic insurance literacy. Insurance is full of legal jargon. That’s why we break down basic insurance terms in a digestible way.
- We meet you where you are. We don’t think you should only hear from your insurer when it’s time to pay a bill or make a claim. We check in to see how you’re doing and how we can make your life as a homeowner easier. We are ready to answer questions anywhere: email, phone, social media, and online chat.
“Extremely knowledgeable agents help you find the best policy and coverage in your price range. This was the easiest process to go through. Very happy we found Kin Insurance.” – Pamela G.
A Team Driven by Solutions
Seasoned entrepreneurs Sean Harper and Lucas Ward founded Kin in 2016 to make a tangible difference in the lives of homeowners. Our team has been growing ever since.
We have decades of experience in finance, insurance, and technology.
But more than anything, we are problem-solvers eager to reinvent the insurance industry.
We’re even backed by leading investors like August Capital, Flourish (chaired by Pierre Omidyar, founder of eBay), Avanta Ventures (VC arm of CSAA, an AAA insurer), The University of Chicago, Hudson Structured Capital Management Ltd., Commerce Ventures, 500 Startups, Chicago Ventures, Portag3 Ventures, and more.