Landlord insurance in Port St. Lucie

Get an affordable DP3 policy for your Florida rental property.

Port St. Lucie has a lot to offer its residents, from plentiful parks and golf courses to popular arts and cultural attractions. In this pleasant city, the owner-occupied housing unit rate is around 80%, which means the remaining 20% of residents are likely renters. 

While there may not be as many rental properties and vacation homes in Port St. Lucie as in other Florida cities, there is still ample opportunity for people who want to buy an investment property. But remember – you need to protect your investment and that starts with quality landlord insurance

How much does landlord insurance cost in Port St. Lucie? 

Let’s start with the cost of homeowners insurance. Data shared by the Insurance Information Institute (III) puts Florida at the top of the list when it comes to home insurance premiums. 

The III also estimates that landlord policies cost about 25% more than a standard homeowners insurance policy. Why? Because having tenants often comes with additional risks, and that means landlords need additional protections.  

What’s more, Port St. Lucie’s location exposes it to extreme wind risk from tropical storms, hurricanes, and even tornados. These and other factors indicate that landlords in Port St. Lucie likely pay higher premiums than they would in many other places.

How to save on your Port St. Lucie landlord insurance premium

Working with us is a good way to start saving on your landlord insurance. Our technology mines tons of publicly available insurance data so we can offer you a premium that accurately represents the risk your property faces.

Additionally, we offer several discounts to Florida landlords, including ones for having:

  • Fire sprinklers.

  • Wind mitigation features.

  • No claims.

You can also lower insurance premiums by choosing higher deductibles. These are the options for your standard and hurricane deductibles In Port St. Lucie, FL:

Not everyone saves when they get their landlord policy from us, but plenty of people do. Our customers report saving more than $600 on average after switching to Kin.*

Enter your address now to see if you can save money, too.

Landlord insurance: Frequently asked questions

Still have questions? We can help. Check out these resources.

Resources for Port St. Lucie landlords

How to get landlord insurance in Port St. Lucie, FL

While other insurance companies have withdrawn from offering property insurance in Florida because of the high cost of hurricanes, reinsurance and litigation, Kin is proud to offer affordable coverage to landlords who need it most. We are committed to Florida for the long haul. 

If you own a rental property in Port St. Lucie, FL, get a quote for landlord insurance from Kin. 

Additional landlord insurance guides

*Customers who switched to Kin report annual savings of $612 on average. Based on Kin Customer Savings Survey conducted January 2023 - December 2023. Potential savings may vary.

Related Posts:Keep exploring

Start Saving on Your Home Insurance*