Need to Report a Claim?
From small losses to game-changing disasters, we’re here to help you recover quickly. If you experience a loss, report your claim by clicking the button above. You can also call us at 866-204-2219 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Our process is designed from start to finish to resolve your claims quickly and accurately. We use the latest technology, like aerial imagery, drone technology, satellite services, and virtual inspections, to assess damage and estimate repairs. Plus, we offer a full Managed Repair Program so you can rebuild and get your life back to normal faster.
Here’s how our claims process works.
1. Report Your Claim
You should report your claim immediately.
If you report online, you can access simple tools to instantly upload photos and documents. Our claims reporting options are available 24/7:
- Online: kin.com/claims
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 866-204-2219
You should also:
- Record the damages.
- Submit photos and documentation of the damages.
- Take steps to prevent additional damage.
If your loss is still in progress (e.g., a water leak), we can assist you with mitigation services.
2. Meet Your Claims Specialist
We’ll assign a claims specialist to help with your claim and contact you within 24 hours (but usually within minutes).
- They will assist you throughout the claims process and can provide information on next steps.
- They can help if you need payment assistance (e.g., for additional living expenses).
3. We Evaluate & Inspect
Your claims specialist evaluates your claim and gathers facts about the cause and amount of damage.
The evaluation will likely include an inspection of the damages. Depending on the specifics of your claim, the inspection may be conducted at your home or virtually.
- You may be asked to submit additional documents, an inventory of damaged property, or other information.
- Keep receipts for temporary repairs, additional living expenses, or other claim-related costs.
4. We Estimate & Determine Coverage
Your claims specialist prepares an estimate of damages, reviews the claims evaluation findings, and reviews your insurance policy.
Once complete, they will explain your available coverage.
5. Get Your Payment & Start Repairs
Your claims specialist can now issue payments based on the terms of your policy.
You can choose to receive your funds by:
- Direct deposit.
- A printable electronic check.
- A mailed check.
Note: If you have a mortgage, your lender may have the right to be included as a payee. If a contractor asked you to sign a “direction to pay,” we may be required to pay the contractor directly.
For repairs, you may have the option to use our Managed Repair Program. This can lower your deductible and provide a guarantee on workmanship.
6. Congratulations! Your Claim Is Done
Your claim is now resolved, but we’re always here to help you keep your home safe.
- If you or your contractor discover additional damages, contact us immediately so we can help.
- If you’d like to learn about ways to strengthen your home to prevent future losses, we have great information on our website and you can always contact us.
Help Fight Insurance Fraud
After a major disaster, the potential for scams is high. For example, you may receive unsolicited visits from contractors looking to game the system. As a rule, if you didn’t request these visits, send them on their way.
If you think insurance fraud has been or is being committed, call the NICB hotline at 1-800-835-6422 or text “FRAUD” and your tip to 847411. Tips can be anonymous.
Start Saving on Your Home Insurance