Good news, condo owners! We’ve got you covered

Tue Jun 12 2018

A Florida condo building

Condo owners in Florida, we are excited to announce we can help you protect your home. We now offer affordable, reliable condo coverage, and as always, you can get a quote in seconds with just your address. Here’s how a condo policy from Kin benefits you.

What HO6 insurance covers

If you own a condo, you’re probably familiar with the concept of a “master insurance policy.” This is a policy your condo association usually has to protect the outside of your building. However, the coverage typically ends there. Condo owners are responsible for protecting the rest: from the walls of the structure to everything inside it.

That’s where Florida condo insurance comes in. Also called an HO6 insurance policy, this insurance covers the interior of the unit and the personal property inside. For that reason, condo insurance is sometimes referred to as a walls-in or studs-in policy.

So imagine your area gets a bout of heavy rain, and the roof of your building starts leaking. Water enters your dwelling and damages the ceiling and floors. Here’s how the incident might be handled from the insurance side of things:

  • The master policy covers the repair to the roof itself.
  • Your policy covers the damage to your floor and ceiling.

In addition to covering the interior of your condo, an HO6 policy also covers:

In other words, your condo insurance usually picks up where the condo association’s coverage leaves off.

Do you qualify for condo insurance?

Great question! In short, your residence may be eligible for this policy if it is a condominium.

However, to get a policy through Kin, you (the owner), a tenant, or both you and a tenant must occupy the residence.

Of course, other factors like your insurance credit score, claims history, and the condo’s unique characteristics also matter when applying for insurance.

Ready to see if you can save money on your condo policy? Get a quote in minutes.


Related Posts:Get more answers